iSea is an Environmental Organisation founded in 2016 in Thessaloniki, Greece. Its goal is to preserve the aquatic ecosystems and their habitants through scientific research, raising awareness among the public and stakeholders and the promotion of conservation policies. To achieve its goals for the protection of aquatic ecosystems, iSea sensitizes the state, managers, and public opinion, to take measures where there are gaps in environmental legislation and public awareness. The activities of iSea focus on 4 main pillars:
- Alien species
- The relations among human and aquatic ecosystems
- Aquatic litter
In this context, iSea implements relevant projects like:
- By ElasmoCatch
- Mediterranean Angel Sharks: Regional Action Plan
- Sharks and Rays in Greece and Cyprus
- Is it alien to you…Share it!!!
- Pick the alien
- MARINE Education and COmmunication network on the MEDiterranean
- Piloting Marine Litter Prevention and Mitigation Action
- Fishing for litter
You can also support more our iSea partner by donating directly here.